Monday 14 November 2016

Insomnia(c)

Evade me not, i yearn for thee
My tired soul seeks your retreat,
My eyes are heavy, my body sore 
Yet i lie awake, I cannot sleep.

Troubled thoughts cross my mind.
I search for answers and clarity.
For all my dreams are now undefined,
While i lie awake as I cannot sleep.

A thousand tasks lie ahead of me,
I wait for dawn to come quickly.
If only this night would melt away
As I lie awake (I cannot sleep ).

A new day lies in my wake,
A brand new start, a whole new date.
This is my chance to rejuvenate.
But, i lie awake for I cannot sleep.

As days pass by, I dread the nights. 
I wish I wasnt in this plight.
Where at darkness i stare endlessly,
When I lie awake and cannot sleep.

2 comments:

  1. He is a strange bedfellow. Will not sleep and not let you sleep either!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely poem but I wonder why you have named it inso'mania'.

    ReplyDelete